Things Lilah Abeba learned on day one:
1. How to blow bubbles.
2. How to draw with sidewalk chalk.
3. Sidewalk chalk does not taste as good as it looks like it would.
4. Sidewalk chalk gets all over your hands and needs to be washed off IMMEDIATELY!
5. Sidewalk chalk is gross and not to be looked at ever again.
6. Brothers are for bossing around and jumping when you say jump.
7. Brothers are funny when they try to do whatever you say, especially when they don't speak your language.
8. If brothers don't understand what it is you want them to do, just say it LOUDER and with more gestures until they figure it out.
9. Mommies are very nice funny.
10. Daddies are okay,but stay suspicious of them for a while.
11. If one headband with a bow looks good, 5 will look even better! So just put them all on at once and insist that your mommy not take them off, because you know you can rock that look.
Things we learned about Lilah Abeba on day one:
1. SHY???? Who is SHY??? Are you kidding me??? This girl is personality plus! The life of the party!
2. Not only is she not shy, she is very funny and can even be downright BOSSY- especially with her brothers! They learned very quickly that "Ney!" means "Come!" ...and they do!!!
3. Remember that dolly I bought at Target last fall b/c it looked at me and said, "I want to come home with you and play with your little girl."? Well, it didn't lie! We brought it with us and she has barely put it down since the moment we first saw her.
4. Remember my worries that she would be sad or scared? No. Reserved for about 20 minutes... and then Miss Congeniality ever since!
5. She is potty trained and is very good at letting us know when she needs to go.
6. Oh. Except for at night. Oops. My fault. Found that out the hard way.
7. She has not cried, fussed, nor even looked sad for even one moment so far.
8. She already calls me "mamma" or to be exact "amamma". And she even said "eh wud uh shah-loh" to me yesterday- "I love you." :-)
9. She is super friendly, but not overly friendly. She definitely prefers me over anyone. And I can't complain about that.
10. She is super girly!!! She looked through ALL her clothes yesterday- including undies and socks- and with every item said, "This is mine! This is mine!" (I know that b/c one of the helpers here at Bejoe House told me that's what she was saying.)
11. She chose all her own clothes yesterday and today. Several times in fact. At one point she was wearing a dress, a fleece jacket and a jean jacket all at once. WITH the 5 headbands, of course!
Really, she is pure JOY. She is a sunshine girl and we are having SOOOOO much fun with her!!!