Monday, November 2, 2009

Getting Closer!!!

Okay, I have been the lamest blogger in the world. I blame Facebook. Who can make the time to sit down and actually type out a complete thought or story when you can mini-blog 100 times/day if you want to??? But regardless, there really hasn't been anything to blog about on the adoption front. Still on the wait list... but...

The average wait time for a toddler referral is 4 months, and we will be at 4 months as of November 10th~!!! AVERAGE being the key word. Meaning that we COULD literally get a call tomorrow, or we COULD still be waiting in December. But either way... IT'S GETTING CLOSER!!!!

So today I did something I have NEVER done before. I was in Target and found these delightful little aisles full of things that are pink!!! Did you guys know these existed? I thought Target just sold Star Wars toys and Hot Wheels. But, no! There are so many things I have yet to discover! And then... there she was. On the shelf. Well, actually she was hanging from a plastic hook coming out of her head, but that's beside the point. There she was. Looking at me. And saying that she wanted to come live in my house and play with my LITTLE GIRL!!! So how could I refuse??? Internet, please meet the newest addition to the Gower Family:



Look at her lovely shiny dress! And her super fun yarn hair! Nothing like this has EVER lived in our house!!! Moms with daughters, tell me. Do pretty dollys like this ALWAYS call out to you when you browse through shops? And if so, which bank is the best one to get your loan from to support this habit???

...And so it begins...

14 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Praying for you in the waiting!

Kimberlie said...

It's so exciting that you are getting SOOOOO close! I have to say, the girlie thing is a bit addictive. I never realized how much fun girlie activities would be until just a little over a week ago. My girl was invited to a b-day party at My Little Dollhouse. Once she got over her shyness, oh my, oh my, she just hopped up on the chair and was a fashion diva. She had her hair done complete with pink glitter, pink glittery eye shadow, blush, lipstick, and then got her nails done - in lime green with silver glitter. Oh yes, she LOVED it, I LOVED watching her LOVE it, and she walked around for the next 10 minutes hands up and an expression of "don't touch me I don't want my nails to smudge." I am already planning on getting my own little beauty supplies so we can make each other up.

I can't wait to see pictures of you painting your little girl's toes and fingers!

emily said...

So much fun! After having 2 boys first as well, I remember that feeling well after Miss Avery was born-- a whole new world. :) If you get the call this week, email me asap so I can take pictures.

_ said...

That is so fun! We have two boys and are waiting for a girl as well. I was in her room the other night and I turned and saw the closet and had this epiphany that I GET TO FILL IT WITH GIRL CLOTHES!!!

Anjanette said...

I love your pretty doll! I love your description of how you found her too. Girls like girlie things, there's no way around it. My family doesn't want to buy my girls any more Disney or Barbie things, but I'm like, "well, that's what they still like." Good luck with that loan...you'll need it.

I haven't blogged either in forever, thanks to facebook too. Soon....

Heather said...

I would even go so far as to say all those adorable, fluffy, ruffly, sparkly things call out even louder to Daddies.
As a woman who wasn't so sure how she would feel mothering a daughter I can say that yes, little girl stuff is way more fun than I ever expected. Here's to you and yours!

Kelly said...

Love it. She is beautiful and although I am so excited to see her in your family, I REALLY cannot wait to see the beautiful little girl that is going to be holding her soooo soon!

Karenkool said...

Girls change everything. Did you see my comment on FB about dollies?? I knew what you were talking about. Just making a boyish joke.

Karenkool said...

Girls change everything. Did you see my comment on FB about dollies?? I knew what you were talking about. Just making a boyish joke.

Amanda said...

Target will get you every time if you're not careful...have you looked at their girl clothes. Now THAT is where you'll have a problem.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

yeah, girls are pretty amazing. you never know though, some of them find those star wars toys way more facinating than the yarn haired dollies:0)

The Mathews Family said...

Super exciting! I'm sure it will be soon...and in God's PERFECT timing!

(we have been waiting just 3 weeks...but who is counting???)

I LOVE the dolly...did you get her at Target?

Anyway..Praying for you and your family as you wait and for continued grace for the journey!

Christine
The Mathews Family

Sonia Lopez said...

Do you have someone here in Tulsa that you can practice a little Amharic with? I have a friend from Ethiopia and I bet she would love to help you practice. sonia lopez (believers church) foureyes@cox.net

Sohailah said...

Happy to see you blogging again. :)

Selam! G'day! Hello!