Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Non-Update

Well... there's not much exciting information to tell on the adoption paperwork front. Mick's passport and renewal application were returned today b/c his signature went outside the little white box (picky, picky!) and b/c they only want US Postal Money Orders, not ones from my bank. (Really? There's a difference? Okay, Australian Embassy, have it your way! I needed one more thing to do!!!)

Right now I'm waiting on...
...fingerprints and criminal clearance to come back from the FBI
...Becky's letter of recommendation (which I think is on it's way shortly)
...homestudy documents from the social worker.
...CIS (formerly INS) approval letter (sent for this in January... does it usually take this long???)
...my renewed passport (with very unflattering picture inside- waah.) to arrive

And I still have to...
...fix Mick's passport renewal application and re-send
...have both our birth certificate cover letters notarized
...print written statement and have it notarized on same day
...get 12 photos of our house actually printed off as photographs- not just digital copies. (do I even remember how to do that?)
...notarize FBI approval when it arrives
...notarize CIS approval when it arrives
...send new passport copies & passport numbers to dossier service after they arrive
...and I think that's it.

I know it may seem like a lot to you, but to me this looks like the shortest list I've seen in a LOOOOOONG time!!! I truly believe that God's grace is on me for all this stuff b/c 'normal' Gayla does not like paperwork, nor super organization, nor much of anything that goes along w/ getting through this phase. BUT... I've been able to do it all w/o stress and with great joy! Amazing, right??? I think so.

So there's your non-update. More later.

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

I don't know of a single person who has a flattering passport or driver's license photo. I'm sure yours is much better than mine.

Thanks for the "non-update" update.

Karenkool said...

Aisha--you didn't think my passport photo was flattering??? I'm totally insulted. HAH.

Sheesh--Gayla. I thought I had a lot on my plate. Isn't is harder to remember things as you get older?

Sohailah said...

Woo hoo! Go LIST! Thanks for the non update. love you!

Selam! G'day! Hello!